This course reviews Wastewater topics applicable to the State of California Grades IV & V wastewater operator certification exams. These topics include both the basic and more advanced aspects of anaerobic digestion, solids thickening & dewatering, and the activated sludge process and its modifications. In addition, the more complex aspects of topics such as the nitrogenous BOD, nitrification/denitrification, disinfection problems of highly nitrified effluent, UV disinfection, the use of oxidation-reduction probes and others will be discussed. Wastewater math will also be reviewed in depth, and the student will have plenty of opportunity to practice problem solving. As time allows, essay questions will be discussed. This course prepares the experienced Grade III or IV wastewater treatment plant operator to solve typical math problems found on State of California Grade IV or V wastewater certification exam. After a review of the basic tools of problem solving, typical IV & V math problems such as dosage problems, pumping, power and energy calculations will be presented. In addition Grade IV & V level activated sludge, anaerobic digestion and solids dewatering problems will be solved. Homework and practice math sets will be provided and reviewed in detail in class, and the student will have the opportunity to do a practice certification exam. Our goal is that each student leaves the class with confidence and a new-found understanding of the math and the material, feeling fully prepared for his or her exam
Find out about the OCMR Guarantee!
For Exam Information CLICK HERE
Review Classes include:
- Practice exams
- Foolproof math
- Daily math practice on our website at Problem of the Day
- Exam practice videos for grades III, IV & V
- In-depth essay strategies
- Exam study strategies that really work
- Plenty of time before exam to master materials
- Eric Wahlberg’s years of experience and vast knowledge of everything wastewater
- Variety of refreshments and beverages served each day — LUNCH SERVED ON DAY 5
- Inspiration and motivation
- Plenty of moral support and FUN!