THIS COURSE WILL BE OFFERED ONLINE ONLY for Fall 2019. (Target launch date August 15.)
CLICK HERE to email us and hold your spot. We will contact you when the videos are ready for purchase.
This course reviews topics applicable to the State of California Grade II Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator Certification exam. (Topics covered will also prepare a student for the Grade I exam.) These topics include: wastewater characteristics, constituents and gases of concern, preliminary and primary treatment, anaerobic sludge digestion, secondary wastewater treatment including activated sludge, trickling filters and wastewater treatment ponds, chlorination, and nitrification. Continued emphasis is given to the use of units in problem solving on the solution bridge. Reviewing the kinds of math problems given on the Grade I exam, the student will work with units of measure and conversion factors in calculating area and volume, pounds and pounds-per-day, flow and velocity, grit removal rate, hydraulic loading, organic loading and detention time in wastewater treatment ponds, pumping rates, and chlorine dose, demand and residual. In addition, problems will be solved for trickling filter organic and hydraulic loading, MCRT and F:M ratio in activated sludge systems, and organic loading to a volatile solids destruction in anaerobic digesters. Homework, practice problem sets and a practice exam will be provided and reviewed in detail in class. Our goal is that each student leaves the class with confidence and a new-found appreciation of the importance and complexity of wastewater treatment, while being fully prepared for her/his Grade II exam.
Find out about the OCMR Guarantee!
For Exam Information CLICK HERE
Online Review Classes include:
- Full Grade II OCMR handout
- Powerpoint presentation with Eric recorded live
- Math problem’s worked out for you in detail on Eric’s electronic tablet
- Foolproof math method
- Practice exams
- Daily math practice on our website at Problem of the Day
- Seventeen complementary 1 hour math tutorials for further study
- Exam study strategies that really work
- Plenty of time before exam to master materials
- Eric and Patti an email or phone call away for questions and support
- Eric Wahlberg’s years of experience and vast knowledge of everything wastewater!