This course reviews Wastewater topics applicable to the State of California Grade III wastewater treatment plant operator certification exam. These topics include: anaerobic digestion, solids thickening and dewatering, trickling filters, activated sludge process and its modifications. In addition, such miscellaneous topics as the BOD test, nitrification/denitrification and wastewater math will be reviewed. The course also prepares the Grade I or II wastewater treatment plant operator to solve wastewater math problems typically found on the State of California Grade III certification exam. Basic concepts of problem-solving are reviewed in depth, with an emphasis on the importance of using units. Following this review, the math of wastewater ponds, anaerobic digestion, activated sludge and trickling filters is presented. In addition, certain miscellaneous problems often encountered on the Grade III wastewater certification exam will be introduced. Homework and practice math sets will be provided and reviewed in detail in class, and the student will have the opportunity to do a practice certification exam, which will also be reviewed in class. Our goal is that each student leaves the class with confidence and a new-found understanding of the math and the material, feeling fully prepared for his or her exam.
Find out about the OCMR Guarantee!
For Exam Information CLICK HERE
Review Classes include:
- Practice exams
- Foolproof math
- Daily math practice on our website at Problem of the Day
- Exam practice videos for grades III, IV & V
- In-depth essay strategies
- Exam study strategies that really work
- Plenty of time before exam to master materials
- Eric Wahlberg’s years of experience and vast knowledge of everything wastewater
- Variety of refreshments and beverages served each day — LUNCH SERVED ON DAY 5
- Inspiration and motivation
- Plenty of moral support and FUN!